What does it look like?
- Coping with everyday living.
Mental health problems.
Anxiety depression trauma.
- Major changes in mind thought behaviour.
- Thinking about coping,but no such thing. Affects mental health.
- Grief,little things. Giving space -can affect every other health,circumstances.
- Living in certain environmental conditions.
- Public Housing run around. Kay’s – Lexington place.
- Well being, availability of access to change in environment.
Results of stress,
How do I know I am stressed?
- Internalizing –
- Binge eating or not eating,
- not sleeping or taking refuge in bed. Contagion from others.
- Personal hygiene.
- Apathy , the little things.
- Missing appointments.
- Fasard ,cannot make rational decisions.
- Complaining about business.
- self managing money,
- appointments,life in general- shut ins.
Long waiting times for my Aged Care. (Telephone ACAT directly.)
Coping with one’s stress does not help others in our relationships,wife,children etc.
- Deterioration of personal,self worth,
- self harm, little things seem meant personally , red lights.
- Change of perspective.
- Anxiety,the “Have I” questions- fight,flight,fear.
Anxiety as a condition. Clinical Anxiety. Anxiety as a spur.
CBT,is commonly used as treatment. Ask ” are you Okay.”
- Using ‘me time’ usefully.
- Safe spaces.
- When people control your life,doctors,family.
- G.Ps who do not bulk bill . Seek those Gp. interested in MH.
Mental Health practitioners.
- Alied health,
- Teaching Hospitals, they can help,what can they do.?What are they permitted to do? Remote areas,nurse practitioners,
Difference between Male or female ,Culture- physical condition,self harm ,self depreciation.
- Life Line 131114
- 1800011511-24 hrs. Mental health line
- Persist with the 1800 number.
- Keep safe. Contained,Calm Strategy.
Different behaviour between men vs women. Crisis Centres for men.
5 stages of reaching out or out with a bang.Invisible, silent, Significant young Australians committed suicide last year. Confidential access in remote areas.
Young people and drugs. Who is your safe person? People- Mixing drugs with medication. It will never happen to me. Reality base. Practical. SOCIAL MEDIA.
Response to a deep seated issues,child abuse,fires, floods. Overwhelming stress . PTSD. Soldiers. Shells of themselves. Emerges from other situations. Smells,sounds,storms may trigger trauma memories.
Community Treatment Orders. TBC